The Latte Lounge
- What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are sent by a website to a web browser and contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. This enables the website to identify and track the web browser. Cookies can, among other functions, enable a website to recognise a device each time it visits, remember user preferences and recommend content. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, but rather the computer used. However, some cookies may contain personal information such as user identification numbers.
Different cookies do different things and some are essential to the operation of a website, whilst others are not. The different types of cookies are:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website, enabling us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visits to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and any advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information (in anonymised form) with third parties for this purpose.
- What cookies do we use?
You can find more information about the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|We use Google Analytics Cookies|
Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve our website. Google holds this information and provides us with access to it.
The lifespan of a Google Analytics cookie depends on what it is and what it does. Some expire at the end of your browser session, whilst others can last for up to 24 months, although you can delete them at any time by clearing your cache.
You can find out how to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
|We use MailChimp Cookies|
MailChimp is a marketing automation platform that helps us manage our email distribution and the running of our website. As part of their service, they operate cookies which collect data relating to your receipt of our emails and your use of our website. For example, their cookies can track your interest in our content based on your clicks or opening of our emails.
This information is then reported to us in an anonymised format to us to enable us to improve our communications with you and the operation of our website.
- What are third-party cookies?
- Can I refuse or opt out of cookies?
If you set your browser to not accept cookies, please note it may result in certain sections or features of our website not working properly and certain personalised services not being provided to you or users of your computer.
More information about cookies generally can be found at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
- Contact us